Many patients that have been wearing dentures for some time, or have compromised dentitions, usually have significant bone-loss. They may have been discouraged from dental implants or told that they require costly, time consuming and painful bone grafting procedures prior to dental implants.
With the All-on-4TM technique, many more people can now have beautiful new teeth within a couple of days, even if they have been told previously that they are not a candidate for dental implants.
What is All-on-4?
All on 4™ describes the process of replacing an entire arch of teeth with a bridge, supported on just 4 implants, and loading the implants immediately, giving an immediate smile. Implant supported restorations function like natural teeth, so there is no avoidance of foods that may be considered “too difficult” to eat with removable dentures. The implant supported restoration is permanently fixed to your jaw and does not cover the palate.
Special surgical techniques allow the immediate loading of your implants with an acrylic restoration. Most patients will have their custom made restoration fitted within 24 – 48 hours from the implant surgery. After several months, an upgrade of the restoration is recommended to one with a computer-milled framework, as these are stronger and more hygienic.
The All on 4™ technique provides a more predictable foundation for the implants to succeed and for the restoration to sit flat, making it more hygienic and easier to maintain at home.
- Success rates higher than traditional implant techniques– 98%;
- Virtually eliminates the need for bone grafting;
- Can usually be performed in patients with diabetes, osteoporosis or other health conditions that are often contraindications for bone grafting;
- Completed within a couple of days– not only the surgery, but also the placement of fixed (non-removable) teeth with immediate function. Traditional techniques often involve multiple surgeries and can take over a year to complete;
- Natural-looking teeth that feel and work like your natural dentition;
- Highly hygienic – easy to maintain and clean;
- Cost-savings – typically about half the cost of alternative techniques (bone grafting and the placement of more than 4 implants).
Is All-on-4 right for me?
Many of our patients come to Dental Elegance because they are unhappy with their existing bridgework or denture and are seeking an alternative fixed prosthesis. Also, many patients have been discouraged from implants because they lack sufficient bone volume or suffer from some health problems that contraindicate conventional surgery with bone.
For most of these cases, including patients with severe bone loss, All-on-4™ is the right solution to go back to have a full upper and/or lower set of new teeth.
To find out more, contact us about whether the All-on-four treatment is suitable for you.