Straighten out your crooked tooth and bite problems with our orthodontic solutions. We offer dental braces for patients of various ages as well as Invisalign® C-Fast® and Clearstep®.
When may orthodontic treatment be needed?
There are a number of teeth issues that can be fixed with orthodontic treatment, including the following:
Overbite is when the front teeth stick out over the lower teeth, and is sometimes referred to as having 'buck teeth'. When the lower teeth are positioned too far forward while the upper teeth sit too far back, this can be referred to as an underbite.
Spacing and gaps caused by missing teeth or a tooth that simply doesn't fill up the space can be addressed with orthodontic appliances, as well as crowding, when there is too much teeth for the dental ridge to hold.
What are the benefits of orthodontics?
- There's not only the advantage of improving the appearance of teeth with orthodontics, but treatment can also benefit the function and health of teeth.
- The Australian Society of Orthodontists states that there has been some claims that bad bites can lead to grinding, clenching and excessive wear of teeth.
- Orthodontic treatment can help to reduce wear caused by fixing alignment and bite problems that may warrant this activity.
- Orthodontics may also help to prevent gum problems, with severe cases of malocclusions having the potential to cause damage to the area.
- Crowded and overlapping teeth can make it difficult to clean around the teeth, and hence maintain good oral hygiene.
- Having teeth straightened and aligned can help to make looking after teeth easier, preventing the risk of tooth decay, gum disease and loss of teeth.
- Alignment problems may also cause speaking difficulties and pain in and around the jaw joint, so an orthodontic appliance may help to reduce problems in the affected area to allow clearer speech and reduced pain - or no pain at all.
Feel you could benefit from orthodontic treatment? Book an appointment today!